𝑴𝒚 𝒅𝒓𝒚 𝒆𝒚𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒍𝒆𝒔...⠀
Back in August I began to experience some dry eye issues...⠀
▪️ 𝒅𝒓𝒚𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒎𝒚 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒑𝒂𝒑𝒆𝒓⠀
It was uncomfortable and I know first hand from talking with patients about dry eye how severe the symptoms can become and I did not want to get to a point where I could longer help my eyes.
So I knew I had to act immediately...⠀
▪️𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚊 𝚉𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝...Think of it like a car wash for your eyes. A brush is used to clean along your lash line to clean and remove any oil, debris... etc Is it uncomfortable? Not exactly my eyes just naturally fluttered as it is not everyday that my lashes are being cleaned.
▪️𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚊 𝙼𝚒𝚋𝚘𝚏𝚕𝚘 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝...Miboflo is a small tool that emits heat and is gently passed in a back and forth motion across your lid margins. Think of it like a spa treatment for your eyes, it was relaxing and soothing. No pain, no discomfort... I just kept my eyes closed and enjoyed the thermal treatment.
Of course this is just the first step what about after care?⠀
My fave products :⠀
▪️ 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝘀𝗸⠀
- important to follow instructions provided by your Optometrist. Compress should be continuously done and no you don’t stop just because your eyes begin to feel better. This is such an easy step in helping to combat against dry eye and you can get a compress mask anywhere so it is very accessible to include into your nighttime routine. ⠀
▪️ 𝗢𝗺𝗲𝗴𝗮 𝗳𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝗼𝗶𝗹⠀
- My favorite are by OcuSci. I have personally experienced the best results, yes the pills are huge, but they have made a world of difference in how my eyes feel.⠀
▪️ 𝗘𝘆𝗲 𝗱𝗿𝗼𝗽𝘀⠀
- My absolute favorite eye drops are by optase everything from this company is amazing including their dry eye spray. The drops are a little bit thicker than the drops I have used in the past, but they are perfect. As soon as I put a drop in my eyes feel a million times better so now I always keep them in my purse so that I never have to worry about not having them.
▪️ 𝗟𝗮𝘀𝗵 𝗰𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗲𝗿⠀
- My list wouldn’t be complete without my We Love Eyes lid foaming cleanser. I use this nightly to ensure my lids are perfectly clean. Before I cleanse I also use their makeup tea tree oil remover, using the right products when removing your makeup makes all the difference and trust me We love eyes has you coverd!
▪️ 𝗣𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗼𝘅⠀
- Dry eye but make it glam... because I want to ensure I take my omega daily I found a very chic pill box. Now I never have to worry about forgetting!⠀
Just by being proactive and following the steps provided by my Optometrist I have been able to ensure that my eyes stay healthy and moisturized. ⠀
I have now also been able to talk to patients more I depth about what they will experience during their treatment and how to be proactive in taking the correct steps to ensure that they can have some control, and improve their dry eye.
Dry eye symptoms will not simply disappear over night, it takes time and commitment to the right steps to ensure success. See your Optometrist, ask what options are available to you and follow the instructions given.
Questions? let know below.⠀